Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bila nak kawin?

I am sure, most of us had once or trillion times been asked about that question. Allrighty, I get the point; when we reached the age where most of us have successfully gain our degree or diplomas and what not.

But how I wish people are more sensetive upon this stupid question.

I've always been asked " bila nak kawin?". Dalam hati rasa annoyed/irritated/fcuked up tuhan aja lah yang tahu. Because to me, I feel annoyed because it is clear to them that I am still studying. Tolonglah paham, duit pun takde, study pun berhingus lagi, financially unsecured to afford the living of post-marriage. And another thing is that, I know at this point, if I were forced to get married by my parents, I'll say why not?

But, I know marriage is a huge step. I have to get myself well-prepared. I do not want to be isteri nusyuz, ini tak pandai itu tak pandai, cakap ngan husband kasar-kasar, or after kawin baru nak start enjoy. Berdosa besar suami nanti, cukup lah sekarang ayah sendiri dah tanggung dosa gua. Getting married sounds fun and "in-thing" now, but please, do not ask people who are still struggling for a piece of a degree certificate. I am totally annoyed. No degree, no marry curry maggi mee.

I have to ensure that I am financially secured first, got myself a Miu Miu bag using my OWN money. Taknak la pula dah kawin nanti beli sanitary pad pun mintak duit laki ye dok?

Just my 2 sen. For I want people to stop asking.

8 comments:

Shikin Hambali said...

selalunya my answer to them are either:
1. oh hehe, esok
2. oh hehe, esok, sorry tak jemput u (kalau mood baik i tell them later i was kidding)
3. planning, wanna sponsor?
4. planning (and then smile) - jawapan plg baik

u can never stop people from asking, generally for any subjects pon, so just gotta give em answers.

SJ said...

bersedia.. hari raya ni lagi byk orang tanya.

last year wasn't so bad for me. i berlakon jadi budak2. duit raya pun dapat lagi banyak dari tahun sebelum tu.

tapi dua tahun lepas, byk plak tanya bila nak kawen. duit raya pun takde sangat.

so... berlakon lah jadi budak2. tak dapat soalan bodoh + dapat duit raya banyakk.. woohoooo

creme vanilla said...

faiza whom i miss so much!! haha yes i totally understand how you feel! i mmg sgt2 annoyed bila org tanya this question. I mean hello, there is a reason why i tak kawin lagi. carik duit dulu laaaa.. eeesh. anyway i miss u! congrats u two lovebirds dah 10 months! love u!!

Anonymous said...

haha. i feel you. but girls, believe me, it won't stop there. once u dah kawin, org tanya bila ada anak. and once u're pregnant, u get ALOT of questions even from random people like "dah berapa bulan?" "perut dah besar" "dah scan?" "perempuan ke laki?" "gi hospital mana?" "doctor mana" and yada yada yada. It will end only after you dah beranak.

And still it doesn't end there. If you're like me who is only renting a house (we have our own reasons okay) - ada soalan like "bila nak beli rumah?" "rasa2 bila?" "rasa2 nak beli rumah dekat mana?"

and still it doesn't end there. if your house is not fully equipped. questions that will be asked are "apsal takde langsir" "silau la" "mana tv?" "rumah ni beli ke sewa?" "berapa?" "kenapa tak beli je?" "sayang"

and I just want to leave this country. heheh

Syaida said...

so true babe...sgt la stuju dgn u. some ppl might think kawin tu senang...mmg senang klau de sponsor fot the majlis & lps kawin pon diorg nk sponsor...kn? tp common la, kita pun ada planning kita jugak kan...
xpe xpe Faiza, tutup telinga je. fulfill your dream dulu..
=)

aref khalid said...

this topic is deep.
apa kata kita tukar topic lain?

ali said...

nice

ali said...

nice